|Maths Talent Quest is an annual activity aimed at promoting interest in mathematics and fostering positive attitudes amongst students, teachers and parents. The focus of the MTQ is on the process of mathematical investigations and relating mathematics to everyday life. As advocates for numeracy development, Casio Calculators – Australia is proud to sponsor MTQ for 2020!
This year, the Mathematics Association of Victoria have implemented changes to ensure your students can still be involved in MTQ without requiring contact at judging and the award ceremony.
Please address any questions to Jen Bowden , from MAV, for any additional information about MTQ!
There will be two levels of judging:
School based judging
SOME IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND CHANGES TO THE MTQ
- Check the MAV website regularly for updates.
- There will be no cost for students to enter at a school level.
- All participating students will receive a certificate. Templates will be sent to schools.
- School may enter two entries per year level and category for the State-wide MTQ.
NATIONAL MATHEMATICS TALENT QUEST
The National Mathematics Talent Quest accepts one top entry for each category from States and Territories across Australia. For those states that do not have a local competition, schools are welcome to enter their student’s investigations through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s competition.
PATHWAYS TO THE NATIONAL MATHS TALENT QUEST
- New South Wales – The Mathematical Association of New South Wales Competition Investigating With Maths
- Queensland – The Science Teacher’s Association of Queensland’s Queensland Science Contest (Mathematics Category)
- Western Australia – The Mathematical Association of Western Australian Maths Talent Quest
- South Australia – Mathematical Association of South Australia Enrichment Project
All other states and territories (ACT, Tasmania, Western Australia and the Northern Territory) are welcome to enter through the Mathematical Association of Victoria’s Competition.
For enquiries about the National Maths Talent Quest please email Jen Bowden.
|Prep group investigation||Year 6 individual investigation||Year 8 group investigation|